Your development skills will be centered around the back-end of projects built on Craft CMS, from setting up the CMS on new builds, templating, creating custom plugins, and API integration. You’ll work closely with the team to meet client requirements and constantly improve our internal processes. You should have a strong desire to make the web a better place.
- Design, develop, and test custom CMS plugins
- Write efficient and reusable PHP code
- Develop front-end templates using Twig
- Create/maintain integrations to 3rd parties via APIs
- Help improve and document our development processes
- Stay up-to-date on industry changes and trends
- Solve website performance problems and content modeling challenges
We’re looking for a certain kind of person to join us. As a small team, we understand how important a cultural fit is, which is why we put our core values in writing.
- You have meticulous attention to detail.
- You are motivated, resourceful, and self-directing.
- You exhibit the ability to research and solve problems independently.
- You have the ability and desire to learn.
- You’re a team player.
- You have strong communication skills - written, spoken, and interpersonal.
- 2-3 years of professional development experience
- Strong knowledge of PHP and MySQL
- Proficient understanding of code versioning (Git)
- Solid understanding of HTML/CSS
- Familiarity with a build process (Gulp)
- Previous experience with Craft CMS or ExpressionEngine would be fantastic
- Familiarity with CLI for automating processes (rsync, mysqldump, etc)
- Experience with Foundation CSS and/or SCSS
- Front-end HTML experience
About Masuga Design
Masuga Design has served clients nationwide with custom CMS solutions for 12 years. We’ve developed projects for the likes of Google, Adobe, FOX Networks, Image Comics, Scripps Networks, A+E, Toys’R’Us, Pep Boys, World Market and more.
We specialize in helping small to mid-sized businesses get the most out of their content-managed websites through our focused expertise with Craft CMS. We also work with select agencies to support them with the development side of their web projects.
How to Apply
If this position motivates you and you want to play a vital role in shaping and growing a small but dynamic company, we want to hear from you.
Before contacting us, consider the following:
- You live in the Grand Rapids, MI area, and are able to work with us at the office. No telecommuting.
- You share our core values.
- You can be productive without micromanagement. (If you have to ask yourself if that’s you, it’s not!)
- You must have work you can show us.
Send an introductory email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with information about yourself and your availability (no calls), as well as any links to your work. You might consider sharing a Github account, portfolio, blog, or LinkedIn URL. We’ll get back with qualified applicants as soon as possible.