Culture and Values
These are our guiding principles. This is how we operate. It's how we roll. If you like the cut of our jib, we'll get along fine.
Our Core Values
Everything we do stems from five core values. They will give you a clear picture of who we are and how we operate.
Remain Humble. Stay Grateful.
We’re here because of our clients. We’re able to work on things we enjoy and are passionate about because of them. Do not take that for granted.
- There are no jerks, heroes, or rockstars here. We’re rowers, rowing in the same direction.
- We know we don’t know it all. This means we’re open to new things and willing to learn.
- Be grateful for those who trust us and wish to work with us.
- Avoid the flashy and trendy. It isn’t about our “cool office space"…it’s about helping clients achieve their goals.
- Keep a sense of humor. Don’t take ourselves too seriously.
I can't thank you enough for your patience, hard work, and problem solving. Working with you has been an absolute pleasure.
Provide World Class Support and Service
If you’ve ever had your developer disappear on you, you’re not alone. We’ve seen that happen far too often. Our goal is to be there when you need us, and provide a world-class level of help. Success is a good relationship.
- Respond in timely manner. Frequent communication is critical to top-notch support.
- All questions are fair. Be polite, and take time to explain and train.
- Actions speak louder than words. Do what we say.
- Under-promise and over-deliver.
- Simply admit when we don’t know something…then go figure it out.
We look to Masuga Design as our strategic partner for development.
Solve Problems...and Improve the Situation.
How can we solve a problem by balancing timeline, cost, expectations, and development effort? What led to the problem in the first place?
- Never just say "yes." Help arrive at the best solution, even if it means we’re not involved.
- Think before acting. Plan first.
- Be practical. There are no magic bullets. What can be done within the parameters?
- Listen to what a client is really asking for. Ask many questions beyond a basic "why?"
- Realize that similar problems don’t always have the same solution .
I appreciate all the things your team has brought to the table for us in making things better and not just 'doing the job.'
If we're going to do something, we’re going to do it really, really well. Phoning it in is not an option.
- Attention to detail. Do things to improve our work, even if they're not seen.
- Maintain honesty and integrity.
- Take pride in our work, and remain accountable for it.
- Reputation is important. Every interaction is a chance to show who we are.
- Give back to our community*.
Easily one of the best experiences I've had with a development team. The launch could not have gone any smoother.
Coach Bo Schembechler said "Every day you either get better or you get worse. You never stay the same." We agree, so let’s get better.
- Be familiar with many things, but stay focused on learning more in our core areas of expertise.
- Seek efficiency. Streamline processes, and improve tools. Keep things lean.
- If something went wrong, ask why. Learn from mistakes. Fix it for next time.
- We’re never done learning or experimenting.
- Be informed about changes in tech, to know where things are headed.
Finding Masuga Design was a breakthrough for our business.
* We donate a portion of our profits to local charities, as chosen by everyone who works here. If you're so inclined, you might consider lending your support to these worthwhile initiatives:
- Kids' Food Basket - provides evening meals to kids living at or near the poverty level
- Thresholds - provides assistance to Kent County residents with developmental disabilities
- Crohn's & Colitis Foundation (MI Chapter) - helps over 50,000 Michigan residents who suffer from inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD)
- Conductive Learning Center - improves the quality of life for children with motor disorders
- Operation Smile - provides free surgeries for children in developing countries who are born with cleft lip, cleft palate or other dental and facial conditions
…so passionate about what they do that it’s borderline obsession. They’ll stop at nothing to solve a problem.–Jason Clewell, Creative/Interactive Director; Concentric Marketing